Assistant Restaurant Manager (ARM)
As an assistant restaurant manager you are responsibile for ensuring each and every dish that leaves the kitchen is infused with Fridays magic.
Run great guest focused shifts and manage your Front of House department whilst motivating and energising your team to ensure every guest leaves happy after professional and on point service.
We will help you understand
- How to run 'excellent' shifts;
- How to manage your kitchen team through inspiration, motivation & development;
- The Restaurant business plan; targets & P&L;
- How to ensure the Restaurant complies with all legal requirements, standards & procedures.
Our Manager Competencies:
Drive for Results / Commercial Acumen
- Responsible for Cash management and correct End of Day procedures. Responsible for effective LAS management;
- A driving force behind great guest feedback and mystery diner visits;
- Supports the RM/GM with analysis of key performance data, to help drive the brand and increase sales.
- Proactively seeks out new learning opportunities and challenges, responding and adapting to the changing needs of the business;
- Possesses a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives;
- Effectively manages daily priorities, remaining calm and confident, whilst taking decisive action when needed.
- Spends time guiding, teaching & providing clear feedback to teams to help them grow & succeed;
- Empowers team and creates opportunities to maximise performance and development of individual Team Members;
- Supports and encourages team growth through Development Days, Talent Showcase and NSO Coach assessment days.
Presenting, Communication & Listening
- Encourages open, honest, and timely communication via our open door policy among Team Members;
- Actively listens and attends to verbal and non-verbal cues to ensure that the true meaning of the message is captured;
- Clear communication to department via Hot Schedules / Notice boards and shift meetings;
- Safety - Ensuring teams aware of company process and all safety updates communicated.
Adaptability, Organising & Executing
- Embraces change in order to drive results and growth, leading to P&L profit conversion;
- Ensures every action & decision leads to exceptional Guest experience and equates to great Guest Feedback scores;
- Sets performance standards and follows up to ensure accountability for top quality results;
- Overseas teams individual Development Plans;
- Monitors progress towards goals and initiatives to ensure timely completion.
- Creates a following through earned trust and respect, always demonstrating genuineness, openness and approachability;
- Sets the standard and motivates others through interactions and examples;
- Understands and adapts leadership style to fit the needs of others, ensuring team members are challenged to learn new skills, maximising strengths and improving weaker areas;
- Takes a personal interest in others by providing guidance and direction to help team members achieve work and life goals.
Coaching, Motivating & Inspiring
- Motivate, train and develop hourly Team Members through ongoing feedback, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis. Progression and growth is at the heart of our people led business;
- Ensures the team is engaged and motivated for every shift;
- Ensure the teams' well-being is a factor in day to day management through our open door policy;
- Publicly recognises and rewards individual contributions and team accomplishments.